Have you heard of paint and dent repairs or retouches and wondered what they mean? If you want an explanation of the whole process and why it is important, you are in the right place. Down below, you will find information about the preparation and execution of the processes alongside some things to look out for.
Paint Repairs And Retouches
Paint repairs are usually done when the paint is damaged and is very noticeable. On the other side, retouches are done when there are little scratches that can be fixed within minutes. Let's look into the paint repair process because it's more complex and may need more explanation. Here are the steps that go into paint repairs and retouching:
- Preparing the damaged surface.
- Determining the depth of the scratch or chip - then making it level with the surrounding paint.
- Putting on a first layer of primer.
- Then paint matching and painting the damaged area.
- Sealing in the newly repaired paint with a clear coat and/or ceramic coating.
Dent repairs can include dents that require only a correction or a full-on reshape and repaint. Reshaping a big dent can take time, but if it is done professionally, the past damage is unnoticeable. These are the steps that go into the more complex dent repairs:
- Examining and preparing the damaged surface.
- Using the correct tools and techniques for the job - tools can vary from rubber hammers to vacuum sockets that are put on the dented area and then pulled to correct it.
- Inspecting the area thoroughly to ensure that there are no dents left.
- Retouching or painting if needed.
- Making a final inspection and quality check.
Things To Look Out For
Leaving a dent or big scratch unrepaired won't only look bad, but it can damage the vehicle's chassis. If metal is exposed to rain or bad weather, it can start to rust - transforming a little crack or dent into a hole, little by little. We advise you to visit a repair shop and sort things out to avoid further damage.
Paint And Dent Repairs In Orlando, FL!
Looking for paint and dent repairs in Orlando, FL? We have good news, here at Allyz Auto, we specialize in paint and bodywork - having some of the best mechanics and specialists in the state! If you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment, visit the Contacts Us page, and we will be happy to answer